Forming A Team
What is a team?
- A dragon boat team consists of 20 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 steerer. The organizers provide a steerer, you find the paddlers and a drummer (the organizers can provide a drummer as well)
- Individuals and small groups will be joined together to form teams.
- Pool together your friends from work, your softball and bowling teams, and most importantly - your relatives. There's got to be 20 in there somewhere!!!
- Individuals: We can connect you to a team if you are an individual or a group of <10 paddlers ($50 donation/paddler)
- Teams (at least 16 paddlers): $1000 donation
Divisions will be determined based on registrations but may include:
Teams consist of up to 20 paddlers (minimum 16), a drummer, a steerer and up to two alternate paddlers. This division is for crews experienced in racing, paddlers are generally members of dragon boat organizations or clubs, have access to boats and equipment and has practice experience more than the practices the festival host provides.
This division is reserved for novice crews with little or no experience. Examples: crews are corporate (commercial/ business), community organizations (i.e. Fire, Police, EMS, schools, fitness centers, etc.) and Friends/Family groups. Community teams are not members of dragon boat organizations or clubs and generally race 1 festival a year and not more than 3.
To register a small group or as an individual:
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of all participants. ($50/paddler)
To register a team (16+ paddlers):
- contact email@example.com with name and number of team members. ($1000)
The registration team will contact you for complete details.
Payment can be made here
1. Select donation amount: $50 for individual paddler or "Other" $1000 for a team
2. Check the box marked "Dedicate this donation" and enter individual or team name
3. Select the campaign "Pathways Team SOS Dragon Fest 4 Breasts 2019"
4. Complete payment profile information and select GIVE TODAY
Practice Site (NOTE this is different than the Race Site):
850 Lake Shore Drive
Parsippany, NJ 07054
- Two free practices are included with your team registration.
- Team captains should communicate with the organizers to schedule the practices
- Each paddler must complete the team waiver online prior to arrival of their team practice. We cannot allow anyone on the boat who has not signed the team waiver.
- In case of practice cancellation, the team captain will receive a text message at least an hour before your practice schedule.
- Please arrive on time - at least 30 minutes prior to your team practice time; sessions are about one hour
- A Minimum of 14 of your team required for practice! If there is less than this, we will do our best to place your team members with other practicing teams.
- Life vests will be worn at all times while on the boats. No exceptions!
- Practice will run if raining unless there is lightening in the area
At the Practice:
- A qualified coach and steerer will be provided for you at each practice.
- At the practice site, a NJ Dragonbost Club greeter will help fit you with a PFD (personal flotation device) and paddle, run a group warm up of stretching exercises, introduce you to the coach/steerer and set you with a paddler partner in the boat.
- All equipment, including dragon boats, paddles and PFDs (life vest/personal flotation device) is provided
- The two people assigned to the first row will be responsible for setting the pace, “strokers”, and should have good timing.
What to Bring:
- This is a water-sport! You will get wet, so dress appropriately, clothes that wick water work best, also wear water shoes or shoes you don’t mind getting wet (old sneakers).
- Keep in mind the weather conditions - sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, change of clothes, towel, a light jacket if raining
- Bring water to drink
Can't Make It?
You can donate here by selecting the campaign "Pathways Team SOS Dragonfest 4 Breasts 2019"
Thank you for your support.